Labels


Web 2.0? 10:55 PM

In these quarters, I usually heard about web 2.0, but I can't understand how it works. All I know is that web 2.0 is just a concept now, and it works like wikipedia. Maybe because it is a concept by now, there is no example for me to realize it. As my imagination, web 2.0 makes the website can be built by everyone, and refined be anyone, to create a site for public and no one can control it.

Why? Why they want to make such a website? Is that really good? If they want to create a site that no one will complain about, I will say that is impossible. I can say that, even if there is one person disagrees with the site, they can be hard to compromise, not to say there will be more than one man. If they don't concede, they could seperate into two parts, and finally the site can be "controlled" by a certain group. Furthermore, sometimes there will be people add something meaningless on it, and they just want to bother or confuse others. This can be worse than group conflict. Even if the wikipedia, there is such person, too. I heard my brother said that he search Bluetooth on the wikipedia before, and the first sentence is: "Bluetooth is gay." That's really rediculous, so wikipedia has power level. Level 1 is any visiter, level 2 is people who they can trust, and level 3 is expert. This means that even wikipedia, they have to manage their site.

So I think that when we talk about web 2.0, there should be a manager, too. They have to think more about the policy, or the work can be complicated. But when there are managers, there is nothing different from the web 1.0. Maybe they just change the stuff from certain group to public. That may be a good idea, but they still have to prevent the trouble maker. If they just change the way they hire the stuff, web 1.0 can do it, too. In this point, why we use web 2.0?That's why I'm confused.

Of course, if I misunderstand the concept of web 2.0, you can ignore this article.